Russian Invasion in Ukraine | Why Russia Invade Ukraine?
Russian Invasion in Ukraine: The ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, which was a part of the former USSR, raised the question of World War III! But now the nations are so progressive and sensitive that, no one wants to trigger a Nuclear War, which will lead to mass destruction.
Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin launched a military operation in Ukraine on Thursday @ 24/02/2022 with some explosions heard across the country and its foreign minister raised a warning of “full-scale invasion” was underway.
Russia has opposed the decision of incorporating Ukraine with NATO, as it sees it as a threat to its territory. We have discussed the Origins of the Conflict between these states in 5 points.
5 Points to Answer the Question: Why Russia Invade Ukraine?
- There had been tensions between Russia and Ukraine, which was a former Soviet republic, for a long time, the situation began getting out of control in the early 2021. In January 2021, Ukrainian President Mr. Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged US President Joe Biden to let Ukraine to join the NATO.
- This incedent angered Russia. They started sending troops near its Ukraine border for “training exercises” in spring last year, and gradually increased it during the autumn. By December 2021, the US has began to puffed up the deployment of the Russian troops and President Joe Biden warned of severe sanctions if Russia invaded Ukraine.
- Point to remember here that, this is not the first time, that tensions between Russia and Ukraine has reached at a boiling point. Russia had invaded Ukraine in the year 2014 when rebels backed by President Putin had seized large wrap of easterrn Ukraine and have fought Ukraine’s army since then. Russia attacked Ukraine when its pro-Russian president was deposed in early 2014. The war in the east has since claimed more than 14,000 lives. At that time, Russia had annexed Crimea also.
- As a former Soviet Republic (Part of USSR) Ukraine has very deep social and cultural ties with Russia, and Russian language is widely spoken there, but ever since Russia invaded in 2014 those relations have unravel.
- Its is important to mention here that, Russia and Ukraine had signed the Minsk Peace Accord to halt the armed conflict in the east Ukraine, including Donbas region. But as when the conflict has continued, Russia says it is sending “peacekeepers” to the region where the conflict is brewing up. The West has called it as a “smokescreen” by Moscow to occupy a sovereign territory.
Just a few weeks ago, French President Emmanuel Macron flew off to Moscow to talk to President Putin to reduce the tensions between the two states. India also has called for a good diplomatic way out of the current crisis between Russia and Ukraine.
Hope everything will be alright soon. The World needs Peace rather than War!